Tuesday 18 October 2011

Chapter 6. Colouring of Materials. Part 3.

In part 3, I've returned to a computer manipulated image which I used at the beginning of my sketchbook. The formerly elegant angels looked like swirly ghosts after manipulation with Paint Shop Pro. These strong, bright colours are more like the palette I would prefer to work with.


1



2



3

The composition of these yarns is as follows -
1) cotton boucle
2) thick cotton perle
3) cotton chenille
4) thin cotton perle
5) thick cotton
6) viscose boucle with cotton binder
7) viscose and cotton 'snarl' yarn
8) viscose gimp
9) cotton slub
10) bamboo
11) cotton and polyester boucle

I really like the variegated effect of these yarns and I can't wait to use them!


4

This is a bit of a cheat, as I used my embroidery machine to make the motifs on this little bag. The background is free embroidery, quilted through cotton wadding and the fabric is hand-dyed cotton velvet, lined with pure silk.
I just couldn't wait to make something with some of the hand-dyed fabric! (No self-control - it applies to chocolate, too)

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love your colour scheme and the bag is a great use of the embroidery machine.